May 15, 2017

Days 67-69 (9/2-9/4/16)

Day 67
Started the morning having coffee and scones with a fellow Coastie Wife. We went to a great little cafe on the water.  On a clear day I am sure the view is amazing, unfortunately it was raining with heavy clouds so we couldn't see much. The company and conversation were great and I enjoyed the mom break.

In the afternoon we went to meet a US Marine family whose children attend Plymouth College (the school we toured 2 days ago). The kids played together nicely and I enjoyed some tea and adult conversation.

Day 68
Heavy rain all day.  I made apple sauce with apples from the tree in the garden.

A friend watched the kids while Ron and I went to dinner at The Glassblowing House to celebrate our 11th anniversary.
















I ordered the Scottish Scampi, which was battered and fried pieces of lobster tail.  It was amazing! (Scampi in the UK is always battered and fried shrimp as opposed to the shrimp in garlic and butter sauce that we get in the US.)


Ron ordered the surf and turf, 8oz steak with grilled prawns.  The prawns came whole with the heads and all. I was so glad that I hadn't ordered that, I can't handle when my food looks like it did when it was alive. Ron enjoyed it, although I don't think he would order it again as it was a lot of work.


For dessert I had a White Peach Bellini Creme Brulee and Ron had a Milk Chocolate and Caramel Tart. Both were delicious!

Day 69
Another day of bad weather. I tried making apple jelly with the remnants (peels & cores) of the apple sauce. American jelly; UK jelly is what we call Jell-o in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment